The Normative Affairs Committee has the authority to propose and revise regulations and bylaws governing the operations of the Council and the judiciary. Normative acts are usually delivered to the Committee for recommendations and potential amendment before submission for approval by the Council.
According to its Rules of Procedure, the Committee has the authority to conduct the following:
- at the request of the Council, monitor and comment on the proposed legislation related to the judiciary, to ensure that violations of the separation of powers doctrine are deterred
- maintain contacts with counterparts from the Parliament and the Ministry of Justice to ensure that the interests of the judiciary are considered in the proposed legislation
- formulate legal opinions on cases before the Constitutional Court where the Council is a party
- draft and approve Annual Work Plan, and report to the Council one (1) time per year
- at the request of the Council, address any other issues related to internal regulations or legislative affairs.
Secretary of the Normative Affairs Committee:
Senior Legal Officer – Kosovo Judicial Council Secretariat
Tel: +383 (0)38 200 17 435