Committee on normative issues of Kosovo Judicial Council is composed of three (3) members and one (1) reserve member. Committee on normative issues has the authority to propose and revise regulations and bylaws for the functioning of the Council and the judiciary. Bylaws are usually sent to the Commission for recommendations and positive changes, before being sent to the Council for approval.
According to internal regulations, the Commission has the authority to:
- Monitor and comment on the request of the Council, the proposed legislation relating to the judiciary, to ensure the prevention of the violation of the principle of powers separation;
- Maintain contacts with counterparts from the Assembly and the Ministry of Justice to ensure that the interests of the judiciary are considered in the proposed legislation;
- Formulate legal opinions on cases before the Constitutional Court in which the Council is a party;
- At the request of the Council, to address other issues related to internal regulations or legislative issues.
Members of the Committee on normative issues are;
- Armend Berisha, Judge at the Basic Court in Peja – President;
- Muhamet Rexha, judge at the Supreme Court of Kosovo – member;
- Anita Krasniqi Prenaj, judge at the Basic Court in Prishtina – member;
- Gjimshit Galushi, Judge at the Basic Court in Prizren – reserve member;
- Bashkim Hyseni, President of the Basic Court in Ferizaj – advisor.